Horse RacesGET QUOTE
Place your bets! – Forget Royal Ascot, Hungary’s oldest race track is the place for betting and booze. But there won’t be picnics and champagne, we’re talking dirt cheap beer, wine and spirits. The former glory of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the weight of communist era ineptitude make this a unique experience.
- A lovely, local guide to meet you at your hotel
- Transport to and from the track by private coach
- Entry to the race track
- First round of beers free
The small print:
- Minimum group size of 8
- Harness racing: Every Sunday until March 19. From this date on until Dec.31, Wednesday and Saturday as well except for June 3, June 17, Aug. 5, and October 21.
- Gallop: From March 26 to Nov. 12 it is every Sunday. Special Saturday dates; June 3, June 17, Aug. 5, and October 21.
- Opening times are 2 p.m. to about 7-8 p.m.
- Betting is a mug’s game (subject to price and quantity of drinks)